Applicants to the program must display sufficient academic, emotional, and social maturity, be in good health, and be willing to engage in the challenges of a dynamic, observant Jewish community.
TRY is right for you if you are:
- Excited to take ownership of your free time and ability to succeed in your courses.
- Able to get your homework and studying done without parental supervision.
- Prepared to live far from home in a structured environment.
- Ready to be held accountable for following directions and respecting rules and guidelines.
- Able to handle the excitement and stress of new friendships, relationships, and dormitory living.
- In good mental and physical health.
- Completed online application
- Recommendations from Teacher, Guidance Counselor and Rabbi/Educator
- Interview (and, in some cases, a psychological evaluation)
- Full transcript from the previous academic year and most recent report card
- Application essay
- Study authorization from the school guidance counselor or other school administrator
- Submission of curriculum from home school
How to Apply
3. Pay your deposit
- Reserve your spot.
- Open the remainder of the application.
- Enable you to submit a financial aid request.
TRY is partnering with MyInterview, a platform that enables pre-recorded interviews. Once the student and parent(s) complete their interviews (with links to be provided in your online application), we may schedule a follow up Zoom call with a member of our senior staff.
5. In order to be accepted, make sure you have:
- Paid your deposit.
- Completed both interviews.
- Submitted at least one reference.
- Submitted your essay.
- Submitted transcripts (via your guidance counselor).
- Please note: additional forms may be requested.
6. Academic Review
Our goal is for you to return home, fully prepared to re-enter your classes. This is what we need from you:
- Speak with your guidance counselor about TRY.
- Submit the Academic Authorization form in your TRY application.
- Have each teacher provide a syllabus or table of contents, indicating the material that will be covered during your semester abroad.
- We will be in touch with your guidance counselor throughout the process.