Using Israel as its classroom, Tichon Ramah Yerushalayim (TRY) provides 10th-12th grade students with a transformative experience. By combining the academic structure of a school with the values of the Ramah Camping Movement, students explore their Jewish identity, and connection to the Jewish people, as they travel across Israel.
TRY is the only Jerusalem-based high school academic program open to Jewish youth from North America who are interested in learning about their heritage in a Conservative Jewish setting.
Next TRY term begins in:
Tichon Ramah Yerushalayim, The Ramah Jerusalem High School, opened its doors to teens from North America in 1982. Since it’s opening, TRY has partnered with Jewish day schools, high schools and community federations in order to give students the ultimate study abroad experience.
At TRY, we pursue academic excellence, provide inspirational Israel education, instill ramah camping movement’s values and traditions, and facilitate personal growth.
Jewish Life — יהדות וערכים
- Expose our students to everyday life in Israel
- Build a model Conservative Jewish kehilla (community)
- Gain tools to live a Jewish life after TRY
Jewish Values/Religious Standards
- תפילה Tefilla (prayer) – daily minyanim (prayer services)
- שומר כשרות / Certified Kosher program
- שומר שבת – Shabbat Observant as a community